Grayline.ca's Privacy Commitment to our customers and clients is intended to further enhance our service excellence to you by ensuring the protection of your privacy when you do business with us. In addition, Grayline.ca also meets its requirements with the Federally legislated "Personal Information Protection and Electronic Document Act", (PIPEDA). With your consent, Grayline.ca collects and uses personal information to provide quality and valuable passenger bus and courier services and products to you.
What is personal information?
Personal information is broadly defined as information about an identifiable individual in both paper and electronic form. This typically includes name, address, telephone, e-mail address, shipping information, or credit and financial information.
How does Grayline.ca use your personal information?
Personal information will only be requested and used for the stated purpose to:
- fulfill your request for services, products or information,
- offer opportunities to participate in contests or promotions,
- improve customer service, products and services,
- application for credit, and
- compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
We may also summarize your personal information for statistical purposes that no longer identifies an individual and is used for analysis only.
You may choose not to provide us with any of your personal information subject to applicable legal requirements or restrictions. However, if you make this choice we may not be able to provide you with the service you required. For example, if applying for a courier credit account you will need to supply us with certain financial information.
How is your consent obtained?
You can provide your consent for us to use your personal information in a number of ways:
1. Implied consent - when you provide personal information for a product or service. For example, you may provide us with your name and address in order for us to provide you with a bus ticket.
2. Express consent - when you provide information in writing or as part of an application process.
From time to time you may participate in contests, surveys and promotions that Grayline.ca runs. If you participate you may be asked for contact information to advise of products and services that might be of interest to you. You will have an opportunity to "opt out" and/or withdraw your consent at any time and there will be no further contact other than if you are a winner.
How does Grayline.ca protect your personal information?
- Only collect, use and retain personal information for purposes clearly identified.
- Protect the confidentiality of your personal information with the appropriate and effective security safeguards - both in paper and electronic form.
- Retain your personal information for only as long as it is needed for products and services you are using and for a reasonable time thereafter or to meet legal requirements.
- Disclose information to a third party only with your consent or to meet an applicable legal requirement.
- Strive to keep your information as accurate and current for the purposes identified.
- Allow access to your personal information as defined in PIPEDA and subject to exceptions permitted by law.
- Not endorse or subscribe to mailing lists or bulk email handlers.
Our Web site at www.Grayline.ca
As an on-line consumer to our website, your personal information is also protected under PIPEDA.
How do I contact Grayline.ca if I have a question with respect to personal information and privacy?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy and the protection of your personal information, Grayline.ca provides the following means for contacting its Chief Privacy Officer:
Chief Privacy Officer
Greyhound Canada Transportation Corp.
877 Greyhound Way SW
Calgary, AB, T3C 3V8
Facsimile: (403) 260-0780
Telephone: (403) 218-1100
We will strive to respond to your request and investigate your concerns in a timely manner and within the guidelines of PIPEDA.
Individuals making a request in respect of personal information holdings, or making any inquiry as to policy, are reminded to be as specific as possible with respect to what information is requested as this will assist us in responding to your request in a timely manner.
In order to accommodate changes to products, services, technology and legal requirements, Grayline.ca may add, change or remove portions of our privacy commitment to ensure continued protection of your personal information and will update our customers and clients accordingly.